Where can you buy Village rice?
Village rice can be purchased from Amazon or you can fill up the online inquiry form and submit your orders. Our operations are currently available only in India. We will soon begin our operations in other countries
Will it be home delivered?
Yes, Village rice will be delivered at your door step.
How can it be stored?
Village rice jar is an air-tight container flushed with nitrogen a safe inert media for long term storage of food grains. You can keep the rice in the same jar or It can be transferred to another air-tight container for your convenience.
What is the shelf-life of Village rice?
Village rice has an indefinite shelf life when kept free from contaminants. Store it in a cool and dry area. Once the pack is opened place the rice in a sealed airtight container.
Is the packaging safe for health?
The packaging is done with utmost care and the product used is absolutely safe for health.
What is the difference between white rice and brown rice?
Brown rice, the unpolished form of rice has the bran layer intact and has been suggested as an alternative for polished white rice. But brown rice has very low palatability, higher arsenic content and lacks the divine taste of white rice, hence not preferred by people widely as an alternative for the white rice.
What is the difference between normal white rice and Village rice?
Normal white rice is stripped of the bran layer during the refining process, so manufacturers actually add unnatural synthetic vitamins and iron for marketing purposes. On the other hand, Village rice has been developed after intense plant breeding research by screening hundreds of rice varieties and mutants. It is a remarkable medical breakthrough. Village rice contains 16% dietary fibre, high protein and lower glycemic index.
How Village rice should be cooked?
Village rice can be cooked like any other normal white rice. For 1 cup of Village rice, bring 2 cups of water to boil, stir once to separate the rice, cover the utensil, simmer the flame and let it cook. Fluff rice with a fork.
Will it taste different than a normal white-rice?
Village rice has the divine taste and aroma as your regular white rice.
How Village rice is beneficial for health?
- Village rice has amazing health benefits associated with it. Some of the benefits are listed below:
- The low GI content will result in slower rise in blood sugar after a meal as compared to normal white rice.
- Lowers blood glucose and cholesterol levels there by reduces the risks of type 2 diabetes and heart diseases and also helps in controlling body mass.
- Improves glucose tolerance and insulin response for diabetic people.
- Increases the satiety with low volume of consumption and hence helps in weight management.
- Reduction of hyperlipidaemia, hypertension and other coronary heart disease risk factors.
- Helps in better bowel movements and there by prevents constipation.
- Improvements in gastrointestinal health (Diverticular disease, Hemorrhoids, Irritable bowel syndrome).
- Promotes growth of beneficial bacteria in the intestine thereby reducing the risk of colon cancer.
- Helps in living a longer life as it detoxifies your body continuously.
- Promotes better mineral absorption thereby helps in having stronger bones, better brain function and in acquiring better immunity and defence against diseases.
What is dietary fibre?
- Dietary Fiber includes the portion of food that your body cannot digest or absorb and is found mainly in fruits, vegetables, whole grains, and legumes. There are two types of fiber:
- Soluble fibre:Soluble fibre dissolves in water and forms a gel-like substance as it passes through the digestive system. It helps in slow digestion and prevents your body from absorbing too much starch and sugar.
- Insoluble fibre:Insoluble fibre promotes the movement of material through your digestive system and benefits those who suffer from constipation or irregular stool.
Why is dietary fibre important?
The benefits of consuming the recommended amount of fibre are:
- Normalizes bowel movements and maintains the bowel health.
- Lowers cholesterol, reducing the risk of heart Disease.
- Aids in controlling blood sugar levels, reducing the risk of Type 2 Diabetes.
- Aids in achieving a healthy weight.
- Helps those who suffer from Irritable Bowel Syndrome.
- Aids in preventing colon cancer.
What is the recommended quantity of dietary fibre?
The recommended amount of dietary fibre depends on the age group and sex you belong to. For men, the recommended amount of dietary fibre is 38 gms for the age group of 50 yrs and below. For Age 51 and older, the dietary fibre requirement is 30 gms.
For female, the recommended amount of dietary fibre is 25 gms for the age group of 50 yrs and below. For the age 51 and older, the dietary fibre requirement is 21 gms.
How much dietary fibre does Village rice contains compared to other rice varieties?
Village rice has 16% dietary fibre. This is the maximum amount of dietary fibre recorded in the rice globally.
Is Village rice gluten free?
Yes, Village rice is gluten free.
What is glycemic index?
Glycemic Index (GI) is a measurement carried out on carbohydrate-containing foods and their impact on our blood sugar. Instead of counting the total amount of carbohydrates in food in an unconsumed form, GI measures the actual impact of food on our blood sugar. It is ranked as being low (<55), medium (55 to 70), or high (>70) in their GI value. You can find a GI value for each individual food in its proximate profile.
Is Village rice low in glycemic index?
Village Rice is low in glycemic index. The Hydrolysis index ( an in vitro parameter principally considered that mimics GI) of Village rice is at 32.3 ( GI equivalent of 42.3 as per Codex recommendation HI+10 ). Normal white rice GI is more than 72. Consuming a low glycemic index (GI) diet is to eat food that contain carbohydrate that are less likely to cause large increases or spikes in blood sugar levels. Low GI diet could be a means to lose weight, prevent chronic diseases related to obesity such as diabetes and cardiovascular diseases.
Why Village rice is suitable for diabetic patient?
Polished white rice is usually not recommended for diabetes because of its lower dietary fibre and rapid glucose release in the bloodstream when consumed. However, Village rice contains 16% dietary fibre, high protein and lowest GI making it suitable for people with diabetes too.
How Village rice can control blood cholesterol?
Village rice is fibre rich. Fibre can be either insoluble or soluble. Evidences from many studies suggest that soluble fibre is effective in lowering cholesterol. Soluble fibre helps in lowering the blood cholesterol through its ability to reduce the amount of bile reabsorbed in the intestines. Fibre interferes with the absorption of bile in the intestines; the bile is excreted in the faeces. To make up for this loss of bile, the liver makes more bile salts. The body uses cholesterol to make bile salts. So in order to obtain the cholesterol necessary to make more bile salts, the liver increases its production of LDL receptors. These receptors pull cholesterol out of LDL molecules in the bloodstream. More bile salts are made from the liver; more LDL cholesterol is pulled from the blood stream, thus lowering the blood cholesterol.
How Village rice can help in weight management?
Fibre intake both soluble and insoluble has a positive effect on weight loss. Fibre intake from cereal based foods can decrease fat absorption resulting in a decreased daily energy intake. People taking in high dietary fibre tend to feel less hungry. This can result in an overall decreased energy intake. The increased satiety with dietary fibre controls appetite and leads to lower food consumption. Overtime this lowered food consumption will help prevent weight gain through modifying energy intake.
How Village rice can help in improving your bowel health?
Some fibres are soluble in water and others are insoluble. Soluble fibre slows digestion and helps you absorb nutrients from food. Insoluble fibre adds bulk to your stool, helping the stool pass more quickly through the intestines there by reducing constipation.
How Village rice can help in preventing heart diseases?
Cholesterol refers to the fat in the bloodstream that can cause malfunctioning of arteries, increasing the risk of heart diseases. The soluble fibre in diet can lower the LDL, or bad cholesterol preventing heart diseases.
How does Village rice promotes the growth of beneficial bacteria in the intestine and reduce the risk of colon cancer?
Dietary fibre promotes the growth of different types of beneficial bacteria in the gut. These bacteria in the gut can support a healthy gastrointestinal tract. As these bacteria ferment fibre in the intestine which results in production of many healthy metabolic compounds such as short chain fatty acids in the colon, resulting in many health benefits.
Village rice contains 16% dietary fibre which can promote the growth of beneficial bacteria.
How Village rice can improve mineral absorption in the body?
Dietary fibre has strong mineral binding or complexing capacities. Dietary fibre or other similar compounds could exert positive effects on mineral absorption via the fermentation and the solubilisation of several minerals and increasing their bioavailability.
Can Village rice be had by all age groups?
Yes, Village rice is suitable for all age groups in fact the entire family.
What is the protein content of Village rice?
Village rice contains 12.13 gms of plant protein much higher than any other regular white rice and brown rice.